Are you prepared for when your child begins to teethe? It is important to help them cope with the sometimes-painful condition. Teething is completely natural in children, as it is merely the process of teeth emerging above the gum line. However, it can often cause distress and pain for the child, so various treatment methods should be used. Take note of the following information regarding teething in children:
– If symptoms of teething worsen, including signs of diarrhea, rashes, or fevers, please consult their pediatrician as soon as possible.
– Never use your finger as a soothing method on their gums unless it has been cleaned first.
– Various tools and methods of treatment can be implemented to help a teething child, including teething rings, soft music, gauze pads, or even cold spoons gently rubbed against their gum line.
– Avoid teething tablets for children under two, unless administered directly under the supervision of their pediatrician.
– Teething can often be seen in the gestures of a child, including extra fussiness and irritability, a loss of appetite, or even excessive drooling.
For more advice and help from our team at Premier Dental Care, we invite you to bring your child in for a visit. If your child would like an oral exam with Dr. Marla Wilson, please schedule an appointment at our pediatric office in Indianapolis, Indiana. We can be reached at 317-787-6625. We are here to help your child get the healthy smile they deserve!